Monday, January 15, 2007

Cardio workout

AHHHHHHH! What a workout today, I did nothing but cardio and even though I was sucking wind at the end, it felt good.

Bike:
Time: 30 minutes
Level: 6/7/8 - gradual increase over time.

Treadmill:Time: 15 minutes
Incline: 0.5
Distance: 0.65 miles

Average heart rate 129. That was for the 2 exercises above, I do not wear a heart rate monitor when I swim.

Pool: 1 lap = 25 yds
Swim: 6 x 25 yds
Kick: 10 x 25 yds
Pull: 6 x 25 yds
Total: 550 yds

Jacuzzi: 10 minutes

The last exercise that I did was swimming. Not only was I sucking wind but I was also drinking some pool water but thats okay. There are some things that I have to remember to do or work on while swimming. Such as breathing from both sides, wear heavier shorts for more drag and improve swimming technique.

I need to clarify myself a little better about starting a training program in April/May. The program that I want to do is a 6 week training program to prepare myself for MotorCity Triathlon in June, this program is pretty structured. I will be still doing my workouts aimed at weight loss. I plan on incorporating weights into my training to help with building strength for swimming and for weight loss, I have been told the current in the Detroit River isn't that strong but because this will be my first attempt in open water swimming I need to be ready for anything.

2 comments:

Rob Tucker said...

Looking strong, Mark.

The pool is a great idea. Low impact, but GREAT for the cardio.

How's the diet coming along? So far, so good!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's quite a cardio workout! Great job!