Sunday, January 14, 2007

Ideas

The one thing that I have learned over the years with weight loss is that it is about commiment to changing your behavior in the way you eat and go about life.

I have tried many avenues for weight loss, Medical Weight Loss, Atkins, South Beach, the chicken wing pizza diet and cutting calories. Every time I start something I go balls out, which means I eventually fail. Then crash and burn, eating everything in sight.

Cutting calories with exericse works the best for me but this time I am going to try something different. I'm going to gradually cut back on my calories like last night, I drank my last pop for awhile. Even though I drink Diet Pop, I drink alot of it mainly for the caffeine. I'm also going to yank out my "sweet tooth".

So for the next 3 to 4 months my goal is to loose as much weight. Starting in May I am going to start a training program. The training program is for the MotorCity Triathlon, June 24, 2007 at Belle Isle.

4 comments:

Whyves said...

Cutting calories progressively is a good starting point. By just eating adequate portions, you’ll be cutting a lot of calories. If you choose to eat an apple over a slice of an apple pie, it’s even better! I’m wondering why May to start a training program? You mean you’ll start a training program aimed at a triathlon? What about in between? You should train starting tomorrow. Personally, postponing actions just make it harder to actually do them when the time comes on.

Rob Tucker said...

I think Whyves is right.

Saying "in the future I'll..." just means that you're NOT doing it now. You don't have to climb a mountain tomorrow, but always keep your focus strong.

As for the eating, you're right. It's a lifestyle change, not a 'diet'. I've failed every 'diet' I've ever tried.

By the way.. that chicken wing/pizza diet sounds pretty good...

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the F.A.T. Coalition :)

I agree with the others, why wait?

Do it! Do it now !!

Anonymous said...

Damn, you HAD to mention chicken wings! Just when I resolved to get back on track! ;) Portion control is key and better decisions in what you put in your body. Good carbs vs. bad carbs, no sugar vs. sugar-packed, etc. One thing that Kev and I have done is gradually switch out our bad foods for good foods. Instead of white rice, we eat brown rice. Instead of regular pop, it's diet. Instead of juice, water. White or wheat bread = whole wheat breads. Enriched pasta = whole wheat pastas. You get the idea. You'll feel a hell of a lot better and believe it or not, you actually start enjoying the new foods. Fad diets don't do an ounce of good (aka Atkins!!!). A lifestyle change is really the only way to successfully lose weight and keep it off.