Saturday, February 17, 2007

Carbs, Sugar, Fat

I crashed and I have crashed hard! I havent stopped working out, actually I enjoy working out. Working out makes my body feel refreshed, relaxed and allows me to clear my head of stress.

Eating on the other hand has gone out the window. After coming off of a 4 lb weight loss and feeling good about my direction, I have crashed. Tuesday, after a frozen pipe in the house and a 2 hour drive home from work thanks to a snow storm, I had pizza and breadsticks. Wednesday was pretty much the same, Jimmy Johns sub with chips for lunch and for dinner stuffing and green beans for dinner. Thursday, Olive Garden - pasta. Last night - Longhorn Steakhouse but that went okay, had a steak and some mashed potatoes then went to the movies and had some Junior Mints.

My carb eating is out of hand. At this point I'm not sure what I can do to stop the urge to eat carbs. I know what I need to do but doing it has proven to be very difficult.

4 comments:

Whyves said...

Don’t punish yourself. It happened to me too a few weeks ago and I believe it’s normal to a certain degree. Drink plenty of water, eat proper portions and eat healthy snacks in the morning and the afternoon. The urges will fade out. The important thing is to get back on track.

Rob Tucker said...

Sometimes, you have to look in the mirror and say out loud, to yourself..

"Am I worth it?"

Be serious with yourself.

I'm not going to sugarcoat it. You're the only person who raises food to your mouth and forces you to eat it. There's no one else doing it, and there's no excuses when it comes to eating the bad food. It's a lack of desire.

Here's the good news - you see what's happening, and you're aware of it. Regroup, and get back on the horse.

And if I'm being blunt, I'm doing it as a friend..

Post every single day. Report what you ate, report what you did for exercise, even if there's nothing to report.

Just write something.

Make yourself accountable. We're all here to support you, and if you're not using the Coalition's strength in numbers every day, you're wasting it.

Hang in there, we've all been where you are. We'll help you back up and get you to the finish line.

Carl said...

I agree with whyves. Work back into good food and your body will stop asking for the bad stuff so much. One of your glands is responsible for that, the more sugar and salt you give it, the more it will make you crave them.

Also, if you can eat in more I think it would help. At a resturant its just so easy to choose something you know you shouldnt, but you really want now only because you saw it on the menu and immagined the taste. This is much less of a problem if you are staring into a fridge full of veggies, chicken breasts, fish, a pot full of vegie chili made over the weekend and have a cubbord with nothing but complex carbs, nuts and other good food. Even a binge with those foods around cant get that bad.

billy said...

Make sure to eat something every 2-3 hours, too. Otherwise, when you start to get hungry, those cravings become unmanageable.

Also, make sure you're eating enough good carbs, mostly veggies and beans, and to a lesser extent, whole wheat stuff and oats. That way, your body won't feel carb-deprived.