Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Not sure what is going on

Weight: 307

There are 2 things that could be possibly going on with my weight gain.

First my scale could need a battery change. If thats the case then that is easily fixed and I can get a better reading.

Second: For the past 2 weeks I have changed everything about eating. This week nothing different has taken place and I have managed to gain 4 lbs, yes 4 DAMN pounds, this should not have happened. The changes that I have made were: added more fruits and vegetables, less caffenine and more water, balanced my protein, carbs and fat intake each day to the point the carbs are less than 40% of daily intake and protein is up near 35%. My average calorie intake is less than 2000 calories per day and my exercise is still at 4 days a week.

So if its not my scale then it must be something that is going with my body. I am going to make a doctors appointment in order to talk with my doctor to see if she can run any tests, to see what is going on.

5 comments:

Rob Tucker said...

You should try breaking it down much more detailed and post it here so we can see what's going on. A doctor's going to want you to do the same thing.

For a week or so, write down everything you eat, and what you do for activity. Let's work together and see what you're doing right, and what you're doing wrong.

Actually, you might be good to go to the site we're all on at-

http://shifthf.com and go to the forums. There is an "ask the trainer" section where my trainer and another trainer I know can help you along with this for no cost. Both have sports nutrition degrees and maybe can help pinpoint the problem? A link to the forum is on my page, top right.

Anonymous said...

Rob has a good idea!

In addition, what's your BMR? About how many calories are you burning each day (BMR + Activities)? Could you be consuming too few calories?

Mark said...

Is it possible to consume to few calories? I average between 1700 -2100 calories each day.

Rob Tucker said...

The answer to your question is "yes", but if you're coming up near 2100, I don't think you should be having a problem. If you're closer to 1700, then maybe.

Get on shift.com, and ask JoshTheTrainer. He'll work you out.

billy said...

1. Are you weighing yourself once a week? Weights can fluctuate up to 3-4 pounds based on hydration, bowel/stomach contents, and a million things, hence the 5-day average.

2. Are you gaining muscle?

3. How do you feel? Do you feel like you are gaining fat or losing?

I know it can be hard, but sometimes the scale just isn't the final answer. Try looking elsewhere at what kind of results you might be having. I think scheduling a Dr. appointment is a waste of time. Everyone is different, and the Dr. probably knows little more than you do about weight loss and nutrition.