Thursday, February 22, 2007

Things

I am at a loss for words today.

By using Fitday I have been able to track my food intake and see where I need to improve on diet. For example, if there is a day that I had to many carbs, I can look at what I consumed and get a better understanding of what I need to cut out or in the case of not enough protein then add protein. Also with this program I can also keep track of physical activites. I never knew sitting on your can talking could acutally burn some calories, not much but some is better than none.

Eating the food that you enjoy is difficut to give up when going through a transformation to a smaller and more physically fit you. My wife discovered something that I have yet to try. Jimmy Johns - great sandwich place, last week when I thought I hit rock bottom part of the problem was Jimmy Johns, I went there twice. Eating the bread is probably the worst, my discovered that they make the sandwichs using lettuce, so its almost like a lettuce wrap. You can get your sandwich in a lettuce wrap instead of the bread. Now if I'm looking for something different I can try a lettuce wrap from Jimmy Johns.

Caffenine is another problem area I have. I always thought I didnt have a caffenine problem, until I gave it up. WOW! what headaches, worst than I have ever experienced. So I try to limit my caffenine to 12 oz pop a day, 99.9% of the time its diet, if I'm not in the mood for pop I try tea either hot or freshly brewed, still has the caffenine but not the sugar content that is associated with pop.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A few things...

First, I wouldn't rely on FitDay to accurately document your activities and the calories you burn. They're usually spot on with calories you consume, but they're lacking in calories you burn.

Second, Jimmy Johns ROCKS! They don't have them where we are now and I miss them. (And this is before I knew they did lettuce wraps!)

And last, try replacing your coffee with green tea. It still has caffeine, but much less than coffee. Plus, it's loaded with antioxidants. Good stuff, man!

Rob Tucker said...

I used to live and breathe Jimmy Johns. The fact that they have lettuce wraps.. I'll race you all there, last one there buys!

Hang in there, boss.